Employment Conditions

Teacher Registration

Please note, registration with the Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA), as well as a Police Clearance and a Working With Children Check (WWCC) are legal requirements for teaching in West Australian schools.

If you do not have these clearances and would like advice on what you need to do, you are welcome to contact us.

Teachers are employed on a three year contract, although this can be extended on a case-by-case basis.

Teacher housing

Teachers are accommodated in government housing. The housing is rent-free, fully air-conditioned and close to the campus. There are no charges for electricity or water.

Special allowances

Teachers receive a Remote Teaching Service allowance of $20,210 and a locality allowance of between $3,869 and $4,356 depending on location. After three years a teacher can access 10 weeks' paid leave and after four years 22 weeks' paid leave.

The specific details can be found on the Department of Education website here.